Long-awaited, much anticipated, and now highly rated, our Common Core and NCTE/IRA Standards-Based Literature Guides for The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is not one to miss. Not only will your students love this thrilling and well-written book, but they will also love the activities and lessons that we've created to go along with it!
Over 300 pages of materials, designed for grades 7-9 including:
- 19 specific Pre-Reading Ideas and Activity Prompts
- Author Biography in Suzanne Collins with corresponding questions
- Article on the Myth of Theseus with corresponding questions
- Notes on Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopia, and Fantasy with corresponding questions
- Historical Context article on Propaganda
- Historical Context article on Roman Influences
- Allusions, Terminology, and Sayings from the novel (defined and explained)
- Vocabulary lists with and without definitions
- List of Characters with explanations
- Note-Taking and Summarizing pages
- Comprehension Check/Study Guide Questions for each Chapter
- Standards Focus/Literary Analysis activities on Characters, In Medias Res, Building a Fictional World, Character Analysis, Literary Archetypes, Point of View, Conflict, Character Map, Map of the Setting, Inner Thoughts, Foreshadowing, and more
- Assessment Preparation activities on Verb Tenses and Moods, Coordinate and Cumulative Adjectives, Etymology, Author's Purpose, Writing with Purpose/Concise Word Choice, Reflective Writing, Word Choice, Audience, Writing Powerful Sentences, Showing Not Telling, and more
- Three Different "Hands-On/Active" Activities
- Reading and Vocabulary Quizzes
- Final Tests
- Teacher Guide with Sample Agenda
- Summary of the Novel
- Rubrics for Projects
Post-Reading Ideas and Alternative Assessment Ideas
- and more!
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SECONDARY
SOLUTIONS MATERIALS ARE COPYRIGHTED AND ANY MISUSE OR VIOLATION OF THIS
COPYRIGHT IS ILLEGAL. THIS PRODUCT IS FOR USE BY ONE TEACHER ONLY,
AND IS FULLY REPRODUCIBLE FOR HIS OR HER STUDENTS ONLY. ILLEGAL COPYING,
SHARING, DISPLAY, OR STORAGE (INCLUDING DIGITAL) WILL BE PROSECUTED.
BULK DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE.