NOTE THAT THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY BEING REVISED, AS IT IS NOT UP TO THE RIGOR OF THE COMMON CORE. IT IS, HOWEVER, A GOOD RESOURCE AND PROVIDES MANY ACTIVITIES AND LESSONS THAT DO MEET THE STANDARDS OF THE COMMON CORE.
This Secondary Solutions Literature Guide for Brave New World contains 72 pages of student coursework, activities, quizzes, tests, and more, fully aligned with the NCTE/IRA National ELA Curriculum and Content Area Standards for tenth through twelfth grade.
Click here to VIEW sample pages of this Brave New World Literature Guide
Click here to download the FREE Common Core Alignment document for this Literature Guide
This Brave New World Literature Guide includes:
- Author Biography and corresponding questions on author Aldous Huxley
- Anticipation/Reaction pre-and post-reading activity
- Notes on the Elements of a Novel
- Notes and definitions on Allusions, Specialized Terminology and Unique Terms to the novel
- Vocabulary List with and without definitions
- Summary of the Novel, including notes on characters
- Standards Focus Activities on Satire, Figurative Language, Tone and Mood, Finding and Using Supporting Quotations, and Symbolism
Comprehension Check/Study Guide Questions by chapter
Assessment Preparation Activities on Base Words/Root Words/Affixes, Context Clues, Analogies, and Connotation and Denotation
- Just for Fun! Reading Review Crossword Puzzle
- Just for Fun! Vocabulary Review Crossword Puzzle
List of 13 Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities for all learning/comprehension levels
- List of 8 Post-Reading Ideas and Activities for all learning/comprehension levels
- List of 8 Essay/Writing Ideas and Prompts
- Alternative Assessment Ideas and Activities within the Post-Reading Ideas and Activities and Essay/Writing Ideas and Prompts
- Quizzes every three or four chapters
- Tests on Part One: Chapters 1-9 and Part Two: Chapters 10-18
- Final Test on entire novel
- Sample Project Rubric for grading Pre- and Post-Reading Activities
- Sample Response to Literature Rubric for grading Essay/Writing Activities
- Teacher Resources including How to Use our Guides, Notes for the Teacher, and Complete Answer Key
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SECONDARY
SOLUTIONS MATERIALS ARE COPYRIGHTED AND ANY MISUSE OR VIOLATION OF THIS
COPYRIGHT IS ILLEGAL. THIS PRODUCT IS FOR USE BY ONE TEACHER ONLY,
AND IS FULLY REPRODUCIBLE FOR HIS OR HER STUDENTS ONLY. ILLEGAL COPYING,
SHARING, DISPLAY, OR STORAGE (INCLUDING DIGITAL) WILL BE PROSECUTED.
BULK DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE.